Until big guts become a fashion statement (which is probably never), here are 3 easy steps to kiss it goodbye for good (regardless of your starting point):
1. Switch everything you eat/drink for 6 days a week to Fresh Fruits, Vegetables, Greens, Salads, Nuts, Seeds, Eggs, Healthy oils and Skim Milk, which means on the 7th day you can have absolutely anything you like, aside from cute animals of course.
So during those 6 days of sanity, I have 2 smoothies and 3 egg salads 2-3 hours apart. And I sneak in a couple of freshly brewed Coffees in there as well, made with Skim milk and honey.
For the smoothies, I use a Nutrininja Blender, because it’s really bad-ass at crunching through those hard headed vegetables like a bunch of wussy donuts. The smoothies themselves will consist of Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts and Seeds (mixed in with some water or skim milk)
Feel free to use any of the “smoothie recipes” that come with the Nutrininja, Nutribullet, Vitamix or any Extraterrestrial blender that you might own.
And per the egg salads, I slice up some vegetables and salads, throw in a few half boiled eggs and season it with a pinch of sea salt, some sliced peppers, onions/scallions, garlic and some healthy oils (such as Olive oil, Sesame oil, and Rapeseed oil).
2. Drink a glass of water every single hour – Our Bodies have a habit of confusing thirst for hunger much of the time. This simple step will significantly minimize the probability of that happening.
If you still get hungry between meals/snacks, then nibble on a few almonds, cashews, peanuts or any other type of unflavored nut you prefer (except for those stainless steel ones) and then wash it down with a glass of water.
3. Go for a 30 to 60-minute power walk every single day
This 3-step FRESH and RAW approach is a surefire way to permanently shed any extra puffiness and fluffiness that you may have accumulated over the years.
But, if all this sounds like too much of a leap for you, then try transitioning slowly.
So, you can start by:
1. Introducing just a quarter of a glass of water into your daily routine (instead of a monstrously full glass)
2. And by replacing just one of your meals with two healthy smoothies or an egg salad (instead of switching everything over from the dark side)
3. And by limiting your daily workouts to a simple 10 minute sleepwalk around the block (instead of those hair flying 30-minute power walks)
Do this for a whole month. Then on the second month try replacing the second meal with two more healthy smoothies or an egg salad and so forth until you’ve successfully kicked out all the junk food from your diet (for 6 full days).
Likewise, increase your hourly water intake alongside each month in quarter glass increments, until you’re happily chugging down a whopping full glass of water each and every hour (except when it’s closer to bedtime).
Your workouts will also go through a similar progressive transition.
But instead of monthly progression cycles, we’ll be leaping ahead in weekly cycles on this one. So after sticking to a 10-minute slow walk around the block for one week, we start increasing the duration of those walks each week in 5-minute increments. That means by the 5th or 6th week we will have reached the 30-minute mark. After that, we focus solely on increasing our walking speed over the coming weeks to the point of being able to power walk your way around the City, completely blindfolded.
Then when your legs start nudging you more, give them a little dose of a really fun and intense workout like P90X3 (which is what I’m doing right now).